Rules for speaking at Ignite Boulder
A few simple tips / rules for speaking at Ignite Boulder.
All speakers must adhere to the following:
- You have not spoken at the last Ignite Boulder event.
- Your topic teaches something of social value.
- Your topic is above the belt.
- You have shown that you are prepared for your presentations (not missed the deadlines, blown off emails).
- You have not told any of the organizers to fuck off, recently.
- Your topic is an original presentation (you can’t repeat something you have done before).
- You must be indifferent but strangely committed to lists.
- Your presentation does not include video or audio. Only static slides are allowed. No .gif’s especially if you say ‘jif’ as if.
- You do not pitch/promote your business. You must teach, not preach. (Our audience hates that kind of stuff, so it’s not allowed.)
There might be more or less, depending on venue, mood, astronomical data and taste. Event organizers have final say on speakers.