Ignite is made up of 14 speakers doing their 5 minute talk. There are some simple rules for speaking, but the main points are:
- Be geeky!
- Go beyond just being entertaining.
- Teach something (but not TOO much…you only have 5 minutes).
- Be qualified on your topic.
- Don’t talk about yourself for the whole 5 minutes.
- No pitching. Seriously. We don’t want to see company logos, URLs, etc. Our audience hates that stuff.
- Nothing below the belt.
Alright, are we on the same page? Great!
If applications are open for the next event the link can be found on Our Next Event. A group of past speakers and organizers picks the speakers.